Wednesday, April 13, 2011

State Gymnastics/Last Night

This past weekend I spent most of my time at Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs. They held state gymnastics there. Why would they hold Nebraska state gymnastics in Iowa? I really couldn't tell you. All of the girls that I coach did a really great job. One girl, Erin, who is a level 5 really did great. We have been working so hard in practice for her to stick her cartwheel on the beam but she can never do it. She always falls off. At state, she finally stuck it and got a really great score.

Last night at gymnastics, I was teaching some of the younger kids. I told them to stop messing around or someone was going to get hurt. Literally one minute after I had said this a boy jumped up, fell off of the floor and landed, face-first, on to a ladder. He stood up and started screaming and crying. His face had an indention from where the ladder hit. I picked him up and ran to the room with ice. It instantly turned purple and blue and started to bleed. He turned out fine, but lesson learned I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment